“Saw a worm being dragged from the soil by something much bigger than it, possibly with wings. Rang Dennis to tell him about it. He said he’d come and check, but by the time he arrived, puffed out, ten minutes later, the thing was gone, and there was no sign of the worm. Dennis said it was probably a cassowary.”
* 44 Curlews, an account of Dobson’s birdwatching outing.
* Inconsequential Trivia (about the Kennedy Assasination)
* When I was interrogated
* Stress, Distress, Tristesse
* The Private Memoirs & Confessions of an Ignorant Ornithologist
* Erst Spruce, Now Rusty and Squalid
* The Mincing Corsair (A letter of complaint)
* Meldrum Fonseca : Ãœber-Trombonist
* Preamble to a report on the 26 lighthouses of Hoon.